Have you made plans for your pets?
We all worry about what might happen to our pets if something happens to us. Our Home Ever After program can take that worry away.
Here at RSPCA, we understand that pets are part of a family, and provisions should be made for them after you’ve passed away. That’s why, when you remember RSPCA South Australia in your will, you can also join our Home Ever After program. It’s perfect for pet owners who want to make arrangements for the care of their loyal companions.
Through our Home Ever After program, you can ensure your pets are cared for when you can no longer care for them yourself.
How our Home Ever After program works
After you’ve made arrangements to remember RSPCA South Australia with a gift in your will, you can register your pets in our Home Ever After program.
- You complete our official application and agreement forms, which provide us with all the information we need to care for your pet as you do.
- We give you a Home Ever After membership card to keep in your purse or wallet with instructions on what to do with your pets in the event of an emergency.
- We also send you fridge magnets and stickers to display in your home so your loved ones know to contact us.
- RSPCA South Australia will find a loving, permanent owner for your pet in a household that is as similar as possible to your own, so you can rest assured that they will be cared for as lovingly as you cared for them.
- The gift left in your will assists to fund this wonderful service whilst supporting the vital work RSPCA South Australia do to care for thousands of animals every year
By remembering RSPCA in your will and joining our Home Ever After program, you can ensure a more secure future for your loving pets – and abandoned animals.
Leaving clear instructions in your Will is the best way to ensure your final wishes for the future are carried out. You can share this sample wording with your solicitor:
Regarding the future care of my pets, at the time of my passing should there be no member of my family or any of my friends able to properly care for my surviving pets, I direct that my Executor give my surviving pets to the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (South Australia) Incorporated (ABN 60 740 135 753) on the condition that my pets be found loving homes under RSPCA’s pet legacy service, or other equivalent program or policy in place from time to time. I further direct my Executor to arrange for the transportation of my surviving pets from their current residence to an agreed RSPCA site.