Choose the adoption option and help a cat in need
Owning a cat is incredibly rewarding. Cat and kittens are naturally inquisitive and affectionate animals that make wonderful pets.
By adopting a cat or kitten from RSPCA, you’re giving an animal in need a second chance at life. And your new furry best friend will reward you with devotion, unconditional love and joy.
As an added benefit, all cats and kittens available for adoption from RSPCA South Australia are desexed, vaccinated, microchipped and health checked – helping you be a responsible pet owner right from day one.
As with all pets, a degree of responsibility is associated with cat ownership. Please weigh up the factors below carefully when making the decision to become a pet owner.
Before adopting a cat, ask yourself:
- Am I over 18?
- Am I in a financial position to meet the ongoing costs of caring for a cat?
- Do I have an environment to ensure a cat is safe and secure at all times?
- Does my current lifestyle allow me to spend quality time with a cat?
- Am I committed to care for a cat its whole life?
What will you need for your cat?
- Collar and ID tag
- Water and food bowls
- Kitten, adult or senior cat food (we recommend Hill’s Pet Nutrition)
- Litter tray, litter and scooper
- Comfortable bedding
- Scratching post
- Toys and balls for physical stimulation
- Grooming and cleaning products
- Regular worming and flea control products
All of these items can be purchased at our shelters, with sale proceeds helping animals in need.