RSPCA South Australia’s boarding service gives you peace of mind that your beloved pets will be well cared-for while you’re away from home.
Dogs boarding at our Lonsdale Shelter have dedicated kennels exclusively for their stay with us.
Dogs staying at our boarding facility are kept entertained with exercise programs developed by our animal experts and tailored to suit your pet’s needs. There is no need to worry about pets who are fussy eaters. We understand the individual needs of each animal and cater for a wide range of diets.
Cats boarding at our Lonsdale Shelter are individually housed in a spacious pen with comfortable bedding provided. Whilst the facility is indoors, all residents get to spend time outside of their pen in an enclosed area where they can climb and explore.
You can also feel confident about boarding with us in most circumstances where they may require medication. We have qualified staff to administer and our veterinarian team are onsite six days per week. Please discuss your pet’s individual medical requirements when making a booking.
Income generated by our boarding facilities is reinvested into our animal welfare programs at RSPCA South Australia.
For more information about our boarding service, please read the FAQ’s below.
If you have a boarding query you can contact us via the channels below:
General Enquiries: (08) 8329 6000
Fax: (08) 8326 2410
Enquiries re bookings can be made by:
- From South Australia by calling 1300 4 777 22 and selecting Option 3
- From interstate or overseas by calling (08) 8329 6000 Option 3
- By emailing email@example.com
- Or in person at the Lonsdale Shelter, Locate at 25 Meyer Road Lonsdale SA 5160
A non-refundable $30.00 deposit is payable at the time of booking. If the booking total is less than $30.00, the total amount is required at the time of booking. This deposit will be deducted from the total cost of boarding services, which is payable in full at check-in. If the booking total is less than $30.00, the full amount is required as payment and is non-refundable.
To obtain the discounted rate, RSPCA members or Pension/Concession card holders must advise the boarding assistant at the time of booking and proof of membership/current card must be presented at check-in time.
Prices related to boarding are subject to change, however paying the deposit guarantees the price quoted at the time of booking.
- Dogs – $26.00 per night
- Cats – $19.00 per night
- Two dogs or two cats from the same family sharing a kennel/pen receive a 10% discount
- Medication/supplement administered at an additional cost of $2.00 per dose (please discuss at time of booking as to whether your pet’s medical condition can be catered for)
- Minimum boarding fees apply during peak periods (see below)
Please contact the Lonsdale Shelter team on 1300 4 777 22, and select Option 3 between 10:00am – 4:00pm Monday to Friday for information about any of our boarding facilities or availability.
Early Pick Ups / Late Collections
You may collect your pet from us earlier than the notified collection date. However you will still be charged for the full period of your initial booking unless you notify us of the change in dates before or upon checking-in your pet.
If you need to drop your pet off or collect your pet outside of standard check in and out times detailed below, you will be charged an extra night’s accommodation fee.
Checking in / out of your pet
- Monday to Friday – 12:00pm to 3:00pm
- Weekends and Public Holidays – 11:00am to 1:00pm
Please allow up to 15 minutes to go through check-in processes, 30 minutes for new customers. If you will not be dropping your pet off personally, please advise the boarding staff so we can arrange for you to provide us with any necessary information prior to check-in.
10:00am until 12:00pm Daily
Note: If you need to work outside of these time frames, (but still fall within the shelter operating hours), an additional fee of half a nights boarding will apply.
You can collect your pet from us earlier than the intended collection date, however you will still be charged for the full period of your initial booking, unless you notify us of a change in dates upon or prior to checking-in your pet.
A drop-off or collection time outside of the shelter operating hours is also negotiable. An additional fee of one nights boarding will apply.
Our standard operating hours are as follows:
10:00am-4:00pm Monday to Friday (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day).
10:00am-2:00pm Weekends and Public Holidays.
Photo identification will be required when checking out your pet. If a third party will be collecting your pet on your behalf, they must be nominated prior to check out and provide photo identification.
During peak holiday periods, minimum boarding fees apply:
- Easter must include Easter Thursday until Easter Monday
- Christmas must include 24th December until 2nd January
Bookings can be extended either side of these dates. Pets can be boarded for shorter periods of time, however all bookings will be charged for the entire minimum period.
What to bring
- RSPCA will provide the majority of your pet’s needs, but owners are welcome to provide bedding, toys (if bigger than a tennis ball) and food.
- All items must be clearly labelled with your pet’s name. Please make sure that you receive all these items back at the end of your pets stay.
- RSPCA South Australia accepts no responsibility for any lost or damaged items.
- A current minimum C5 (C3 + kennel cough) vaccination certificate must be provided on check-in for every dog.
- A current minimum F3 vaccination certificate must be provided on check-in for every cat. Booster or other vaccinations required prior to boarding must be given at least 10 days prior to check-in.
- Please ensure that you confirm vaccination details with your Veterinarian, if you have any doubts prior to check in. For the protection of all animals in our care, any animal that is not fully vaccinated will not be accepted into boarding under any circumstances. Puppies and kittens will need to be at least 2 weeks post their final vaccination booster.
As of 1st January 2016 it will be compulsory for all pets boarding at RSPCA South Australia’s Lonsdale shelter to be microchipped. To facilitate this requirement, effective immediately we will be offering microchipping, (with no ear tattoo), for an additional fee of $20. This service will be provided by an RSPCA veterinarian during your pets stay.