Helping hyper hounds
This workshop is specifically designed for guardians with dogs who become easily over-excited, over-aroused or anxious when out and about, particularly when on a leash.
They may display behaviours such as:
- Becoming fixated/staring
- Pulling strongly (towards or away from)
- Attempting to retreat or hide
Elements in the environment which may create these types of emotional behaviours may include (but are not limited to):
- Other dogs (a very common trigger for many dogs when on lead)
- Unknown human beings
- Children, particularly when playing or running
- Vehicles such as cars, bicycles and skateboards
You will learn useful training and management techniques to help you when such situations arise, leading to yourself and your dog feeling calmer, safer and more confident when out together.
RSPCA’s Hyper Hounds is a 5-week workshop
Who: Dogs who become easily over-excited, over-aroused or anxious when out and about, particularly when on a leash.
Duration: One 50-minute session a week for 5 weeks.