Apply to join our KI Emergency Response team
UPDATE: Due to an overwhelming response to our call-out, we have now closed applications. Thank you so much to everyone who has applied. We have now contacted all applicants via email.
We’re accepting expressions of interest from members of the public who would like to join our RSPCA Emergency Response team on Kangaroo Island.
Given the nature of the emergency situation on KI, anyone wishing to volunteer will need to meet strict criteria.
- Able to cope with the distressing reality of severely burnt wildlife – both deceased and alive.
- Able to work a minimum of one seven-day roster, located on Kangaroo Island for seven consecutive days.
- Physically fit and capable of lifting heavy feed bags.
- Driver’s license.
- Team player and also capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Confidence in decision making.
- Adaptable can do attitude.
- Preference will be given to volunteers already living on Kangaroo Island.
- First Aid skills.
- Animal handling experience.
- 4WD experience.
All transport, food and accommodation costs will be covered, funded by donations made to RSPCA South Australia’s Bushfire Appeal. (Note: mobile phone reception is poor in some bushfire-affected areas.)