Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organisation. More than 800 volunteers each year donate their time, skills and services to support our work. Volunteering is a rewarding experience which gives you the opportunity to make an impact to the lives of at-risk animals.
You can volunteer your time in a variety of different ways. These include:
- Assisting at our Lonsdale, Whyalla or Port Lincoln shelters
- Supporting our Animal Welfare Advocate with Educational Programs
- Helping out at an RSPCA South Australia event such as Million Paws Walk
- Assisting in an RSPCA Thrift Shop
- Using your skills with our administration team
- Open up your heart and home and become a Foster Carer for animals in need
If you would like to volunteer your time and skills, and get so much more in return, then please fill out our online application form.
**PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be aged 18 years or older. Due to WHS and Child Protection laws, we can not accommodate anyone under 18 years as a volunteer.
In order to volunteer at the RSPCA shelters, you need to be:
- Physically fit and agile
- Able to make quick decisions
- Able to respond appropriately to animal behaviour