RSPCA South Australia was formed in 1875 to prevent animal cruelty, to protect animals, and to care for animals.
Our Vision is to shape a more compassionate society free of animal cruelty and suffering.
Our Mission is to engage the community at all levels to embrace the Five Freedoms for Animals.
- Freedom to express normal behavior.
- Freedom from discomfort.
- Freedom from fear and distress.
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease.
- Freedom from hunger & thirst.
- Compassion. We are empathetic, caring and considerate.
- Courage. We are brave and determined to stand by our principles.
- Integrity. We are ethical, honest and transparent with ourselves, our supporters and the community.
- Leadership. We are the driving force to motivate and inspire positive change in animal welfare.
- Achievement. We are focused on our objectives and continuously strive towards our goals.
- Collaboration. We work as a team and foster partnerships to maximise outcomes.
- Innovation. We are creative and daring in our thinking – we seek new ideas and new ways.